New Rank names!
Post: #1
Hello everyone!

We've decided to do a permissions overhaul, and rename some of the ranks! Here are the ranks we are changing:

Mason.

Artisan.

Subject.

We want names that somewhat relate to the ones that we are currently using.
Post away! All names that you suggest will be considered!


[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #2
UPDATE: Thanks to DarkRyu, We have some ideas for names for the new/updated ranks we are introdcing!

HeadMod: Manages the Moderators, next in line for Admin.

Architect: Trusted players that have access to WorldEdit, a powerful tool that can be used to aid with moving structures around, it can also assist with building things faster.

Builder: For players with good building skills, is the first step to getting Architect. (Application template will be up soon)

Regular: Is a reward for a player once they've reached 50 hours of playtime on the server, gives access to new commands.

Commoner: Is a reward for players once they've reached 30 hours of playtime, gives access to a handful of new commands. Also gives access to CraftBook!

Newcomer: The first rank when a player joins Darkspin, has access to 30+ commands.

These ranks will be implemented soon-ish, I am writing the Permissions config right now, some of you will understand that this process takes a hell of a long time, I am doing it as fast as I can, while still being careful.

See you guys round!

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #3
I personally preferred "ArchMod." It had such a nicer ring to it.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #4
I agree, but it was a request from Viper that we remove/modify it. I've set up the rank more or less, we just need an appropriate name that sounds nice.

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #5
I suggest that instead of Mason being Builder it should be Carpenter. Builder sounds generic and lame. Carpenter is more distinct.

PS Jesus was a carpenter, and look what he supposedly did.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6
I agree. Here are some other words folks. Let me know what you like outta these.

Contractor
Inventor
Maker
Manufacturer
Producer
Constructor
Fabricator
Originator
Craftsperson

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #7
My vote for the new Mason title goes to Carpenter and/or Constructor. In that order for preference.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #8
I think I'd prefer Constructor. Carpenter isn't that good imo

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #9
So are all rank names going to be changed, or just subject mason and artisan?

The amount of fucks I give:
¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸ .¤\
\¸. .......Zero. ....\
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸ .¤*
..\
☻//
▌
/ \
  Reply
Post: #10
Yeah, all names are being changed apart from Mod, Admin and LeadAdmin.

[Image: ]

  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)