Obsidia Update
Post: #1
We will most likely be keeping Obsidia. But you must understand that if we do, we'll be reducing it's size by cutting off all the branches you see on the Dynmap. So keep that in mind. And I can assure you, you'll have time to move if you are in such an area. We'll create a circle that is visible on the Dynmap. Everything outside this circle will be purged.

There will ultimately be a barrier probably 10,000 blocks from the centre of this circle. The purpose of this barrier? as they enter it, they'll be teleported back to spawn. This is solely to prevent the map from getting so large again.

Please share your thoughts on this idea.
And all credit goes to Chris for this.

A further thread will be posted to clarify this process, if we go ahead with it.
  Reply
Post: #2
An interesting idea. I was willing to drop Obsidia overall, so it's not of much matter to me, but I do hope this will be enough to satisfy those who want to keep it.

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #3
I'm happy with this.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4
I returned to say I am happy with this choice
  Reply
Post: #5
Is there anything outside the circle thay may be spared? I'm talking about Shipwreck Valley mostly.

[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply
Post: #6
Could always move major things that are outside of it to inside of it.

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #7
Just be sure, the center of the circle will be the center of Etceteria, yes? Then I'm perfectly fine with it.

It will serve as a nice way to have Obsidia fade away into the dust.

[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]

[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]

Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
  Reply
Post: #8
I'm definitely okay with this.
Hopefully this'll improve the speeds of the server, making it a more pleasant experience for everyone. And as Eleves said we'll (probably) be able to remove Obsidia completely by the time Asyr has been out for a while.

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #9

Yes yes.
We'll work out a way to organize it, but yes, we'll be copying stuff from outside the circle for sure. Perhaps we use a small ticketting type system so each player with stuff out there can request it be moved, and those with WorldEdit can complete and close each ticket at a time. [i]To those thinking it, you will be caught if you attempt to exploit this. And preventative measures will be taken. [b]Guys, please don't start WorldEditing stuff around yet. You'll be told when to begin.[/b][/i]


Not necessarily, but I have that in mind.


I've learnt a very valuable lesson in the last month, by querying the community. That is: not necessarily Obsidia itself, but the concept of it is valued to the utmost on Darkspin. Sure, one day Obsidia may be removed, but not for a very long time.. and [i]only[/i] if it is to be replaced with a fresh new world, generated by Minecraft, and to have pretty much the same freedom and mechanics as Obsidia currently does.

  Reply
Post: #10

Yes yes.
We'll work out a way to organize it, but yes, we'll be copying stuff from outside the circle for sure. Perhaps we use a small ticketting type system so each player with stuff out there can request it be moved, and those with WorldEdit can complete and close each ticket at a time. [i]To those thinking it, you will be caught if you attempt to exploit this. And preventative measures will be taken. [b]Guys, please don't start WorldEditing stuff around yet. You'll be told when to begin.[/b][/i]


Not necessarily, but I have that in mind.


I've learnt a very valuable lesson in the last month, by querying the community. That is: not necessarily Obsidia itself, but the concept of it is valued to the utmost on Darkspin. Sure, one day Obsidia may be removed, but not for a very long time.. and [i]only[/i] if it is to be replaced with a fresh new world, generated by Minecraft, and to have pretty much the same freedom and mechanics as Obsidia currently does.


[/quote]

I'm glad of the thought of keeping Obsidia (or at least the concept of Obsidia itself) will remain. And I'm even happier you and Chris have figured out how to do so in a way that does not harm the server. I think the future is bright.

[Image: ][Image: ]
[color=#FF0000]Humans... Worthless creatures. One day they shall face my judgement... - Bass.EXE[/color]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)