For the most part I front a rather large internet bill to keep this server going at acceptable speeds. I had to downgrade the speeds today due to a rather unexpected rate increase.
I apologize for what will likely affect your connection for a bit. I'm currently researching other internet providers. Should only be temporary.
1&1 is pretty cheap. However, they may not have direct to IP...
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
Hopefully we will be getting donations coming in, and you will be able to expand the providers you are able to consider.
[Image: ]
Compaired with what Viper told me about the server and 1&1's prices, it might be a little more expensive.
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
About $30 a month for a large server (2GB) with 1&1. Should support everything.
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
04-11-201307:39 AM
(This post was last modified: 04-11-201308:16 AM by Eleves_202.)
You are joking, right?
[/quote]
Viper, can you ever say anything positive? I'm just trying to help out, yet you still have to make me look like a fool[hr]
. At least jojo and I have come up with solutions to the problem.
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
Thanks for trying to help, but it's not a solution.
We need a dedicated server with at least 8GB RAM.
Ultimately it's up to Darkspin to decide, but I believe he prefers to host it himself. It's not just the server we have to maintain, there's the mysql database and all our sites.
04-11-201312:09 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-11-201312:10 PM by Eleves_202.)
Pretty sure this is an industrial many website server. Besides, this is only the basic server. 8GB max is 50 a month. There is always the ad.fly on the redirection page option. Even when skip is hit, we get money.
http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=493[hr]
Now, who wants advertising?
[color=#FFA500]Deer teeth, for you kid![/color]
[color=#1E90FF]You're insane![/color]
[color=#FFA500]Sure I am, what's you're point?[/color]
[color=#FFA500]Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold![/color]
Bill Cipher(yellow) conversing with Li'l Gideon(blue)
Gravity Falls Episode 19, Dreamscapers
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world I can't stand: those who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
--Nigel Powers
It's a what?
Anyway, I'm only interested in these types of packages.
http://servercraft.co/dedicated-servers/
We would need at least the $85 one.
That's $35 cheaper than what Darkspin is paying now AND that's his personal internet plan. Moving to a rented host would mean two separate plans PLUS the whole changeover process.