05-07-201206:58 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-07-201208:51 PM by VlperX.)
To be honest; Once the new world is released. I think everybody should have blank inventories and reset balances. Some people have money over the scale, and starting over would be nice.
Should be a rule that admins STAY on 0 dollars; No need to piss off players by having admins at the top of /balancetop.
New shop, new prices, doubly checked to make sure there isn't any exploits which can be.. well.. exploited. And if one is found, and it is discovered that the exploit has been used and not been reported (and I kid you not, we can figure it out), then a harsh punishment should follow. Any exploits are to be reported to the admin currently online.
I don't think HARSH punishments should fall on those who exploit, after all, they're preparing for a world where that's EXACTLY how you make money. And in this world, we are programmed to look for these exploits, or rather, those who fail the programming, fall behind. I'd feel like I was punishing human nature...
Instead, we should merely reward those who find exploits for us.. perhaps.
This. is a bummer.. When I was told that a new mainworld would be up, I asked an admin, and the admin said that I would keep my money on the new mainworld, I started to mine.. I've been making more than 175.000$ through the last few days from mining - that's a lot of work down the drain.. Personally I love the idea, but I'm sure some of the other players on the server would be pissed..
So.. A slight thumbs up from here ;)
Most of the players have gathered their money via illegitimate means; We just can't check every player and figure out if their cheating..
Hopefully, we get Orebfuscator (Anti-Xray) soon.
Therefore, most of the time, players are not cheating.
I personally agree with Bacon’s first post on this – death, destruction and all things evil to those who cheat the spirit of the Economy. But then Vipers is so right in that the smart young guys/girls that find “Exploits” are an asset to the server. The trick is to reward the finding of the exploit AND at the same time to never encourage the doing of just this action.
I feel these are some key actions–
**Admin watches very closely and immediately acts;
**Inform all players that others are spending their time mining and earning rank and possessions by not begging [god I hate that] or cheating but honestly playing the game
** To help this, make it a condition of entry for existing players into the new world to be on the forum, at the very least
** Then encourage them to read a post about it (have link in chat Auto coming up)
The aim is that those who then “choose” to find an exploit are outside what’s wanted here. Then when Admins see, or are told about, these “exploiter’s” in action, talk to them and make a simple offer to them. Help Admin out and gain heaps of respect and help their chances of getting on staff a lot. If they choose to help us out Great! –They get thanks from Admins (individually and collectively) –that’s a better reward than “free” items or rank. Remember you not rewarding the getting of the stuff you are rewarding their knowledge of exploiting. And if that offer is not accepted then they, I feel, have no value to the server and are a liability to have around. So once what they are doing is figured out they then deserve all the death, destruction and evil you guys can dream up. Especially limiting the ability to access his inventory and use the /pay command until he comes clean.
In summary- anyone is either with us or against us. Ie:-They feel comfortable and will further the aims of this server or they don’t. So we just need to find out where they stand on that and deal with them accordingly. And on that level it’s got nothing to do with “punishing human nature” – it’s just safeguarding your creations integrity.
Thanks for reading – loving where the new world is going guys, take as much time as you need in creating it too.