#Mayor
Post: #1
Mayor Application
There are a few things that I think every good and responsible mayor should do. One of the most important of these things is helping out new citizens and giving them very clear instructions on what to do and where to build. I also will not overprice the amount it costs for a property unless you decided to live in the “rich area” of the town, this is expensive so it is only meant for those that have played on the server for a while. I also think that a mayor should spend a lot of money to make their town very nice and have proper things in it like a garden so that your citizens have the chance to get their own food. I also think a good mayor should be very patient with his citizens. I also think that you should be in control at all times. That is why I don’t have any patience for griefers, unfinished houses, and people that don’t respect each other.
I will NEVER abandon my town. This is because of the fact I started it when I first got Minecraft and has been project ever since. It actually started as my ninja-training island with Geist, but I bought the island off of him and began to build. I think that I have too much of a history with my town to give it up. Let’s say that something happens to me that make it so I can’t come online, in that case the future co-mayor will take over.
I think that I deal with citizens well. I am patient while helping them out. There was this one time when the player ak_b joined the game. It took me a long time to talk to him because of the fact he didn’t know how to use that chat, I tried to explain it to him but he still didn’t get it. So I decided to use signs, and sure enough it worked. I spent about an hour helping him and I felt great after words. Then I had a problem, he was building houses around my town and selling them without buying the property first. I dealt with this problem and was very strict fashion. So I think I’m strict, and patient with my citizens.
I believe I do save money well. I have around 400k at the moment. I am saving up so I can buy some beacons around my town. I do splurge a little every now and then. I just bought a very nice house from Zahn for 10k. I hope to continue saving up my money and eventually make my town that much better. It will also help with finishing and adding to my town.
I will treat citizens with respect. I do not mock them at all; unless they are my friends from school (but we are just messing around ☺) to the people I don’t know I will always give them their rights. 1. Being able to build whatever they want in their property. 2. Letting them give me ideas for my town without thinking there terrible when I first hear them. 3. Paying them the right amount for helping me on a project. I do treat citizens with respect, and I hope that they will respect me to.
I have around 400k at the moment so that is more than enough to buy mayor rank.
I have 18 citizens in my town.
My rank is merchant and I have played 346 hours.
  Reply
Post: #2
Dat block of text

u guys like minions ??? :exclamation:
  Reply
Post: #3
Hey, at least it's descriptive. From what I read, he has a nice plot system, and [ i]more than[/i] enough citizens and cash for the rank. Plus the town, although it could use some work, looks damn nice. I really hope the region will motivate him to invest more valuable resources into it.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #4
Though I find paragraphing is always nice, I agree with Saint here. He runs a nice town, and he has my vote.

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
However he relies far too much on word of mouth,to punish people.

He kicked lavanoid from his town for a grief other people did, because someone said she did it.
  Reply
Post: #6
Lavanoid has a history of griefing. It was a logical, although bad, decision.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #7
Logic is overridden by mod+.

I'm gonna go with no, until i see a more respectful answer than 'k' when a mod is trying to tell him how to help his goddamn town.
  Reply
Post: #8
I question how you even have the ability to judge his management skills when you have not even bought a single plot.[hr]
Bad griefing response or not, a region will encourage him to improve the already nice looking town, and hopefully logic. Because you ain't worth shit on Darkspin without logic and/or common sense.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #9
He lacks faith in staff, probably because there's never any on (hint, nudge, punch to the face).
  Reply
Post: #10
Indeed. But why not just give mayors limited access to LogBlock?

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)