The Flavian Amphitheather Project Page
Post: #1
[font=Times New Roman][align=center][size=medium][color=#DCDCDC]Colosseum of Rome
(Flavian Amphitheather) PROJECT PAGE[/color][/size][/align][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=medium]Just a little project Geistwolke and I will be working on over the course of a couple months--hopefully less. It is, if the header hasn't informed you yet, a replica of the Colosseum, complete with working flooding systems and a hypogeum.

Of course, the machinery (specifically, the flood system) will be done using the Command Blocks introduced in Release 1.4--which, hopefully, we will be able to hook up to WorldEdit commands. All other mechanics will be personally installed by me--Geistwolke will do most of the actual building/sculpting. And then I'll kill him like Vesperius did to his best architect and harshest critic.

IMAGES:
[Image: ]

[Image: ]

CROSS SECTION:
[Image: ]

[Image: ]

HARD TO READ HISTORIC SCHEMATICS THAT I FOUND ON AN OBSCURE SITE:
[Image: ]

LEGO COOLNESS:
[Image: ][/size]

[size=xx-small]also i've decided that i no longer hate bronies[/size][/font]

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #2
So yeah, I'd like to put it out here that I've decided to accept bronies. I still don't understand the fandom, but I also don't understand [i]halva[/i] (delicious german sweet)., and I LOVE halva!

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #3
In the middle, we must have a statue of Princess Celestia
  Reply
Post: #4
That's it, building the empire state building.
Can't have nopony outdoing me.
  Reply
Post: #5
^

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #6
We couldn't have any statues because there will be fights in there
plus it will be flooded from time to time.

"Vogon poetry is of course the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience members died of internal haemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council, survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve-book epic entitled My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilization, leaped straight up through his neck and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England, in the destruction of the planet Earth."

Get a smaller sig. -Dragon
  Reply
Post: #7
Geist, can you start working on the Colleseum? I won't be able to get on for a couple weeks.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #8
I will start working on it when asyr comes out.

"Vogon poetry is of course the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. During a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" four of his audience members died of internal haemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council, survived by gnawing one of his own legs off. Grunthos is reported to have been "disappointed" by the poem's reception, and was about to embark on a reading of his twelve-book epic entitled My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles when his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilization, leaped straight up through his neck and throttled his brain. The very worst poetry of all perished along with its creator, Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings of Greenbridge, Essex, England, in the destruction of the planet Earth."

Get a smaller sig. -Dragon
  Reply
Post: #9
So when HL3 comes out then?
  Reply
Post: #10
Ok, so I've done the stoof required for this to be possible.

1 MC Block - 1 meter

6 acres - 24281.1 meters squared
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)