I understand all the perfectly sound reasons to promote mikey to admin... But I have this nagging little sensation in the back of my head saying 'dun do it brah, dun do it'. I honestly don't know why I have reservations, but once I've cleared my head, I'll give a definite.
Remember, despite been non-active, they all have to give a yes for adminship, INCLUDING darkspin.
07-19-201208:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-19-201208:59 PM by BlackMajor.)
Well i do remember him handing out crap to players, to much my discontent. Twas long ago.
Darkspin handles the Hardware part of Business while Viper handles the software / community. So don't you mean Viper has to vote on it instead?
Mikey has since then confiscated all that stuff, and he knows better now. I haven't seen him do such a thing in months, and he is probably the most level-headed of all the non-admins. Even Alec and I break into fights with each other once in a while, and Mikey is always there to resolve it.
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
I would say he should seriously make the thread himself because I'm sure the person who wants the rank has to post it himself, there's nothing stopping him from doing this, it doesn't matter who he's played it longer than, that's judging someone based on how much they play a video game, just because of how long you've played does not affect experience in anything (For example, I've spent about 10 years on RuneScape with less money than people get in one month.). Knowing an extraordinary amount of WorldEdit and WorldGuard means Artisan seems to fit just nice. I'm definitely denying this. "Probably the most level-headed of all the non-admins" Are you saying anyone not an admin rank is less than Mikey? And breaking into fights, the Disconnect button was coded there for reasons, and muting isn't much an issue to resolve them if you guys won't leave if you argue.
[Image: ]
well XDra mikey wouldnt go and post an admin thread because when he has a position he wouldnt ask for a better one he just wants to do the best he can with the one he already has so he wouldnt make one and he would be a dam good admin so we (saint) decided to post one
[Image: ]
Drago does make good points, and I never made it myself, because I knew I'd never get it.
i haven't had any quarrels with this fellow. why not?
The only thing stopping him from actually getting admin are trivial, pointless things, like 'Admin count', and 'didn't post it himself', every other admin that i've seen has made mistakes as well, some more than others, *glares at bacon*.
Seriously, Most admins are inactive anyway, Mikey is the most active person I know, and is unable to help as much as he could if he simply got a rank-up. The only thing it'll do is help the players, not anything else, maybe make alec jealous, but hell, it's alec (no offense).
[size=x-large][color=#1E90FF][align=center]MIKEY
[Image: ]
GO MAKE A THREAD FOR THIS[/align][/color][/size]
But.. I.. Uh.. Ummm.. Okay....