Post: #1
05-03-201208:57 AM
First of all, I'd like to say that I, Mikey, am posting this for Saint because of technical difficulties have refrained him from doing so himself.
1. Why do you want to be a Moderator?
Aight, first, here's WHY I'd like to be a mod: I've always liked solving conflicts in multiplayer games, be it on minecraft or others. However, I've rarely gotten the chance to actually enforce rules or help out officially. The /ban and /kick commands will help me fufill this. And darkspin is definately a server I'll be spending a lot of time on, so why not try and be mod here?
2. What do you think it takes to be a good Moderator?
A good moderator must know how to properly use commands, and when to use them.
If a player breaks a minor rule, a mod shouldn't instantly /ban or /tempban them. They should first warn them with a kick, and only ban if they ignore the warn.They must also not abuse their powers: Using /god to do stuff for friends is NOT proper use of commands.
They also have to be above 13 (I am, don't worry) but no one on this server seems to acknowledge that rule when posting mod apps. :L
3. Have you played at least 80 hours?
Yeah, I've played around 87 hours total, last time I checked. Which, for me, is a lot, since I'm usually only allowed on computer for about an hour a day.
4. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your gameplay and what you think of the server.
I've been mod/op/admin/etc a few times on other servers, be them classic or premium, but very few had as nice a community or were as fun to play on as darkspin is :D As an added note, I've burned about 3k helping out newbies to the server. Lol. I'm so gullible.
5. Anything we should know about?
I can't be active most of the time, since, as I mentioned before, I'm only allowed on the computer for about an hour a day. D: However, I'm usually on minecraft, and when I am, I'm often on at the times other admins/mods aren't. So that can be handy.
6. Have 3 admins confirmed they trust you? If so, ask them to post a comment approving on your application. Or, any admin can post here.
Feffog does, last time I checked. And Bacon was the one who suggested I apply for mod (and is posting this for me, since mah webfilter is screwed up!) so I guess he does. Dunno if Vlper does, I guess anyone else will have to post here.
7. If you are confirmed, do you swear not to use your powers for stupid/irresponsible/revenge purposes?
Yerp, I swear in the most unofficially official way possible.
Do you agree to the fact that if you are inactive for a month, your Moderator rank will be revoked?
I agree. Here, have a smiley: o3o
Yours in derping,
SaintEthan
1. Why do you want to be a Moderator?
Aight, first, here's WHY I'd like to be a mod: I've always liked solving conflicts in multiplayer games, be it on minecraft or others. However, I've rarely gotten the chance to actually enforce rules or help out officially. The /ban and /kick commands will help me fufill this. And darkspin is definately a server I'll be spending a lot of time on, so why not try and be mod here?
2. What do you think it takes to be a good Moderator?
A good moderator must know how to properly use commands, and when to use them.
If a player breaks a minor rule, a mod shouldn't instantly /ban or /tempban them. They should first warn them with a kick, and only ban if they ignore the warn.They must also not abuse their powers: Using /god to do stuff for friends is NOT proper use of commands.
They also have to be above 13 (I am, don't worry) but no one on this server seems to acknowledge that rule when posting mod apps. :L
3. Have you played at least 80 hours?
Yeah, I've played around 87 hours total, last time I checked. Which, for me, is a lot, since I'm usually only allowed on computer for about an hour a day.
4. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your gameplay and what you think of the server.
I've been mod/op/admin/etc a few times on other servers, be them classic or premium, but very few had as nice a community or were as fun to play on as darkspin is :D As an added note, I've burned about 3k helping out newbies to the server. Lol. I'm so gullible.
5. Anything we should know about?
I can't be active most of the time, since, as I mentioned before, I'm only allowed on the computer for about an hour a day. D: However, I'm usually on minecraft, and when I am, I'm often on at the times other admins/mods aren't. So that can be handy.
6. Have 3 admins confirmed they trust you? If so, ask them to post a comment approving on your application. Or, any admin can post here.
Feffog does, last time I checked. And Bacon was the one who suggested I apply for mod (and is posting this for me, since mah webfilter is screwed up!) so I guess he does. Dunno if Vlper does, I guess anyone else will have to post here.
7. If you are confirmed, do you swear not to use your powers for stupid/irresponsible/revenge purposes?
Yerp, I swear in the most unofficially official way possible.
Do you agree to the fact that if you are inactive for a month, your Moderator rank will be revoked?
I agree. Here, have a smiley: o3o
Yours in derping,
SaintEthan
