Post: #1
07-02-201203:36 PM
Hi guys, Min here. I've decided that I'm going to make the official texture pack. I have the resources to do it, however I have no idea what to actually put in this pack. That's where you guys come in. I need suggestions, and some damn good ones at that. In an effort to reduce spam, I'm going to make a very basic guideline for the suggestions.
1. Please please PLEASE no suggesting I steal textures from other packs[/color]. I know that almost everyone has their own personal favorite pack, but that doesn't make it right to say "HURR DURR I LIEK [insert pack name]'S COLE TECKSHURE HURR DURR U SHUDE STEEL IT.
2. For the love of god/science/deity/nothing please don't constantly badger me to work on the pack. This thread is for suggestions, not constant spam of "Hey Min, u dun wif da pack yet lol" The more you do this, the more likely that I'll just put off working on it that day. You also have to realize that this is going to take a while to make from scratch. You can't really expect me to honestly finish it by the time 1.3 comes out, as it will most likely not be done until 1.4 - 1.5ish for it to be a decent pack. This rule also applies to making new suggestions every 5 seconds.
3. Lastly, please don't whine if I choose something you don't like. I do realize that not everyone likes the same style, but that doesn't mean you have to express it with a ragefestival. To be as fair as possible, I'm going to decide by a majority-rules system.
[size=large][color=#FF0000]tl;dr Just don't be a retard about this, everything will be more enjoyable if you don't.[/color][/size]
1. Please please PLEASE no suggesting I steal textures from other packs[/color]. I know that almost everyone has their own personal favorite pack, but that doesn't make it right to say "HURR DURR I LIEK [insert pack name]'S COLE TECKSHURE HURR DURR U SHUDE STEEL IT.
2. For the love of god/science/deity/nothing please don't constantly badger me to work on the pack. This thread is for suggestions, not constant spam of "Hey Min, u dun wif da pack yet lol" The more you do this, the more likely that I'll just put off working on it that day. You also have to realize that this is going to take a while to make from scratch. You can't really expect me to honestly finish it by the time 1.3 comes out, as it will most likely not be done until 1.4 - 1.5ish for it to be a decent pack. This rule also applies to making new suggestions every 5 seconds.
3. Lastly, please don't whine if I choose something you don't like. I do realize that not everyone likes the same style, but that doesn't mean you have to express it with a ragefestival. To be as fair as possible, I'm going to decide by a majority-rules system.
[size=large][color=#FF0000]tl;dr Just don't be a retard about this, everything will be more enjoyable if you don't.[/color][/size]


