Changes to Ranks. (Again)
Post: #1
Hey folks.
The staff and myself have decided that we are going to change the way ranks are going to work -- hopefully now it'll be a lot more streamlined, and people will enjoy the server more.
The previous system that Viper implemented ranked up players based on their playtime. I decided to continue to use this system after he 'left'. But now, I've almost completely redone the ranks, and reconfigured them. They still need some tweaking/additions but I feel that we're ready to put them in [b]by the end of this week.[/b]

[b]THE RANKS:[/b]
[u]Newbie[/u] - First rank when joining the server, Permissions will be similar to what Newcomer currently has.
[u]Member[/u] - $2,500: Will have access to /tpa and /tpahere.
[u]Merchant[/u] - $15,000-/back & /sethome 2 (Nostalgia time)
[u]Manager[/u] - $50,000- Will have access to /kit manager (Still deciding what will be included in the kit) as well as extra homes.
[u]Investor[/u]-$100,000- (Still a WIP)
[u]ShareHolder[/u]-$200,000 (Still a WIP)
[u]HighRoller[/u]-$600,000 (Still a WIP)
*All ranks should be more or less finished by the end of the week.

[b]THE COMMANDS:[/b]
Ranking up is super easy and streamlined now. The [u]only[/u] requirement for you to rank up is to have the correct amount of money. Playtime will only be necessary if you want to apply for Moderator.
[b][color=#FFA500]/ranks[/color][/b]: Self explanatory; Once typing this command you'll be given a list of all the purchasable ranks, a small amount of info on them as well as the cost.
[b][color=#FFA500]/rankup[/color][/b]: Again, pretty obvious. Once you've typed this command, your balance will be checked before you get promoted. If you don't have enough money you'll get an error message saying you don't have the required amount and you obviously won't get promoted.

[b]EXTRA INFO:[/b]
Some stuff regarding ranks is staying the same. [b]All[/b] Staff ranks are remaining the same, I think the system we currently have is a good one, and others seem to agree with me. Unfortunately, I've decided that it'd be the best option to not give the special ranks the ability to climb up these ranks. The special ranks are as follows:
- Architect
- Mayor
- Constructor
So for clarification: Anyone with special ranks will [b]NOT[/b] have access to /rankup, it'd get too complicated to keep track of all the ranks, and I don't think I'd be able to do it automatically at this stage. However I might add the ability for the special ranks to take part in this too, just not at this stage because it isn't all that important. Moderators won't have access to /rankup either, I'll have to rank them up manually.
As mentioned briefly earlier, the way Moderator applications work will have to be modified; they'll have a playtime requirement and a minimum rank for their applications to be processed.

The existing standard ranks will be merged with the new ones:
Newcomer - Newbie
Commoner - Member
Regular - Merchant
A scheduled broadcast will also be added, informing players about how they can rank up.

Hopefully you'll all enjoy these changes, and it'll make the gameplay more interesting. the feedback thus far has been positive. I'll continue to update this thread as the project moves along. Hopefully the majority of you didn't tl;dr this.
I look forward to seeing you guys ingame. As always if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.



[color=#FF0000][b]TO-DO LIST/CHANGELOG:[/b][/color]
[list]
[*]Implement the ranks and /ranks, /rankup [color=#FF0000][COMPLETE][/color]
[*]Configure /kit for the various ranks. [color=#FFA500][IN PROGRESS][/color]
[*]Configure the upcoming/new commands for each rank.
[*]Sort out the WIP ranks' commands.
[*]Modify rank applications.
[*]Go over everything, fix any bugs that may have arisen.
[*]Transition completed (Woo)
[/list]





[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #2
Aw yis, I personally like this method much better. It gives players something to work toward to instead of just being on. Also, I'd like to say thanks for all the work you've put into the server lately Henry. *claps*
  Reply
Post: #3
[Image: ]

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #4
Now that money is involved a lot
WHO WANTS TO MAKE VEGAS WITH ME FOR A CITY IN OBSIDIA?

ees good idea, with gambling and gangsters
[Image: ]

[size=xx-large][color=#FFD700]8==0~~[/color][color=#000000]Dark[/color] [color=#FF6347][color=#FFDAB9][color=#FF0000]Meat[/color][color=#000000]Spin[/color][/color][/color] [color=#9400D3]Servers[/color][color=#FFD700]~~0==8[/color][/size]
[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
I'LL MAKE MY OWN CITY, WITH VODKA AND MALE STRIPPERS
IN FACT
FORGET THE CITY

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #6

Sounds good, xD

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #7
UPDATE: The plugin has decided to dun goof, it'll be disabled until I've sorted it out.

[Image: ]

  Reply
Post: #8
I love the Casino-themed names.

“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
  Reply
Post: #9
At this stage it finally looks like ranks will be working once again on the 5th.

EDIT: After messing with it, there is still an issue somewhere. I'll continue to work on it over the next few days, looks like a plugin conflict which is never fun to resolve.

[Image: ]

  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)