Mr. Darkspin is the server safe?
Post: #1
Mr.Darkspin can you please tell me where this link for download is? Several staff and members have indicated a desire to have a download of the world when Viper quieryed about replacing Obsidia before.

I did what I could by organizing a downsizing.
http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=581
Now Viper wont answer my queastions about completion, or promised upgrades.

The Server has been down 3 times for more then 8 hours in the last 3 months. And btw, me and my 8 friends dont want to just leave we love this world and community. No one explained why this was. Whats happening with our donations.

And now this. http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=606 about lag.


I would say less overall additions to what we currently have. I'll also be heavily reliant on users pinging me to tell me I need to update plugins. Can't say it's for the better -- but these servers have been around for over 13 years hosting games 4 computers ago. Changes happen and popularity changes based on amazing admins like Viper.

The server won't ever die and your creations have great back-ups. I also can supply creations to anyone if they would like them prior to departure.

I see some leaving now, just let me know..
[/quote]




[b][color=#32CD32][size=large]We're letting you know...
Please make the worlds available for download we would be greatful for the security.[/size][/color][/b]
  Reply
Post: #2
to whom it may concern i have been a active involved player for more than 300 hrs on this server and have many useful and unique builds and i was pleased to hear that obsidia would be available for download especialy after suffering through the recent lag problems i am writing this post to say thank you for the oppurtunity to continue my builds and it would be greatly apreciated if you would provide a link as soon as its available and thank you again for the great minecraft gaming world that you provided for us to enjoy
  Reply
Post: #3
Hi,my name is Jakpet and I have been on darkspin for a long time. I have made two of the largest cities in the world Obsidia. I have put many, many, many hours of work into them. About two months ago a was banned from the server. Chris has took lots of time out of his life to unban me. While I was banned I was having the worst time of my life because I could not work on my cities and I am once again having a terrible time because there is no server better then darkspin was. If Obsidia could go up for download that would be a great thing, not only for me, but everyone else. Thanks.
  Reply
Post: #4
To be fair, you were banned for legitimate reasons, Jakpet, but that's beside the point. I too would like to see a download.

*insert deep quote/completely original joke here*

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #5
I'll try to get them zipped and up on the cloud for everyone soon, wasn't aware this was a something needed. There are backups so your creations are safe as well. I've had a lot of odd things come up on the server recently, sorry about that.

I'm starting to become more involved as of this week and think I have solutions to most of the issues seen recently.
  Reply
Post: #6
I think getting rid of obsidia would be a geat idea. The old world isn't gaining any people anymore. I think a new world would bring new people, new and better towns, and should make most people happy. It probably wouldn't matter but, people might be more supportive of this idea if they are able to post votes of a new name for the world.
;)
  Reply
Post: #7
Gwen, we've already decided on this, this is not the thread to talk about that, and did you have to quote the entire first post?
And just so you don't spend 8 years looking for the thread
http://forums.darkspin.com/showthread.php?tid=567
[Image: ]

[Image: ]
  Reply
Post: #8

Thanks I know im not alone in looking forward to this. Whats "the cloud"? And the lag seems like its clearing up.
  Reply
Post: #9
I've backed up Obsidia and will have it up online elsewhere for download some time tomorrow. 2.6 GBs of memories will be available to all.

I've fixed the majority of lag but I still have some work to do. A new clean world will also help.
  Reply
Post: #10
"A new clean world will also help"
are you suggesting that Obsidia would be cleared out?
as in, started again from scratch?

[Image: ]
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)