#Futashy Artichoke
Post: #11
Binding brushes and stuff?

It's not hard, no.. knowing the commands just takes commitment and experience but an absolute mother load of common sense.

What IS hard is using WorldEdit in a way that doesn't lag/crash the server, resulting in me raging at your face. To avoid this, you really must put the time into using WE on your own server dedicated to it. And as I said, I plan to set up a test course on my own server.. maybe even a tutorial video for youtube sometime.

The best advice I can give, is think before executing every command. Know the command and more importantly, know the value used. Do not go over board with values because you feel like being lazy (we all do it).

I won't claim I was brilliant when I started learning WorldEdit.. but I did so on my own server so lagging and crashing was not anyone's issue.

If you ever need a quick server to test something on, just message me and if I'm online, I'll be able to throw one up in a few minutes.
  Reply
Post: #12
The main reason of that cactus incident, is because i didn't know what the command did, and i was ignorant then, but now I know to check each new command in my single player and/or on your server, before i use larger things. I'll also test them with tiny radius in my creative plot, after knowing what they do.

It really does seem quite simple, after KNOWING what commands are and what they do.
  Reply
Post: #13
Bumping with invisible ponies.
  Reply
Post: #14
What cactus incident? when did you ever have worldedit anyway?
  Reply
Post: #15
Yes !!! I hope you get it Futashy x
  Reply
Post: #16
I'd assumed you'd read your skype.

fillr is broken, ignores depth multiplier, killed server for a few minutes with cactus
  Reply
Post: #17
I think fillr ignores depth but lets you set it anyway... although therefore broken I guess..

Same time I put up that test server of mine, I updated WorldEdit and WorldGuard, so any issues should be fixed now. I know there were major issues with almost everything in WE.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)