Post: #1
10-22-201203:16 PM
Okay so I came across the Idea of just posting a Giant ass thread on Darkspin giving some ideas I had to help improving the Playerbase and getting the server out of the dirt. I'm no human psychology expert but one thing I noticed there's VERY little things that can make HUGE differences, See where i'm getting at? Well you shouldn't because I haven't given any of my idea(s) away yet. Okay i'll start with the first and most likely important one.
1: Donations donations and more donations
Most servers will put a Donation say like....20$, well to some people that's alot. And quite frankly it is alot! So my idea is to have a V[color=#800000]IVI[/color][color=#483D8B]D[/color] amount of Donation packages. I thought of some examples that you guys could use.
(All are Monthly Recurring Payments unless said otherwise)
1: Basic Donator ,[[color=#FF0000]D[/color] [color=#8B4513]O[/color][color=#00BFFF]N[/color] [color=#E0FFFF]A[/color][color=#E6E6FA]T[/color][color=#FF0000]O[/color][color=#87CEEB]R[/color]]
Price: 5$
Perks: Sexy Colored Donator Tag
2: Upgraded Donator
Price: 10#
Perks: Custom Donator Tag & Access to /kit food
(Kit food is a command that gives food, Usable once per day)
Custom tag
3: Benefactor - [[color=#006400]Benefactor[/color]]
Price: 15$
Perks: Able to set more than 1 home, and gets a daily 1k (Maybe)+Custom Tag
4: Wizard [[color=#800000]Wizard[/color]]
Price: 20$
Perks: Access to Custom Admin shop where Prices are better, Sell prices Higher. & able to purchase certain enchantments off the wall and apply to tools. (Access to /kit gold - Gives gold armor.)
5: Saint [[color=#87CEFA]Saint[/color]]
Price: 50$
Perks: Access to Creative mode (With item restrictions, Like no Lava, TnT, weapons, Potions, Diamonds et cetera) Separate Creative & Survival Inventories. Access to 5k per day (BIG MAYBE)
6: Angelic [[color=#FFFFFF]Angelic[/color]]
Price: 75$ (No Recurring Payments)
Perks: Access to test new Plugins, Reserved Slot, Access to special Items. Creative mode with less restrictions than Saint. (And maybe FRIENDLY Spawn Eggs)
===---=====----=====---====---===--==--=-=-====-===--===--==--=
And now. Onto the Next way to improve the server. (2)
(Inb4 PaperisRacist talking about me always wanting towny)
Actually this server doesn't need towny. What we need is...Towns. No plugins just towns. The thing is that the server needs to advocate working together. The admin shop makes getting items too easy! Last server I saw it didn't take items. PERIOD. And the price of items were so high that nobody could use it! (ex: Oak wood for 100$ each) While to some people it won't be that much, to others its a fortune. Today (10/21/12) I got caught in the dilema of not having any redstone at all. So where'd I go? Admin store and bought me a few stacks for dirt cheap (Kinda). That saved me say 20 minutes of caving. Because i'm a lazy bastard and horrible caver.
The point i'm trying to make is the Admin store really makes it too easy...Sometimes I have to search for hours to find 3 sheep to kill to make a bed, while the admin store took me 1 second and I had 61 wool to spare. The store makes it too easy, some people play minecraft because of the Challenge. While I play it because of Redstone and Friends.
{=======================3================}
Okay so I heard of this minecraft server on a Tf2 server...Having that happen to everybody is pretty rare so what i'm going to say is...ADVERTISE THIS PLACE. There's many ways you can advertise. The most prominent has GOT TO BE the Minecraft server Voting Service. i.e Minebook.me http://minecraft-server-list.com/ http://minecraftservers.org/ & http://mcserverlist.net/
An old server I played on had a plugin called Votifier, It displays a message to everyone in the server and they also recieve payment, Weather it be 500$ in Iconomy or 1 diamond ingame. I voted EVERY DAY just to get those payments. Plus it showed my support for the server by Broadcasting my name and how many times I voted in total. I stopped at 1337 votes, And thats a fuckton of votes. Here's a link to the plugin if you want to have a looksie http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/votifier/
{===========================4=======================}
-Pvp Arena
When i'm in the Darkspin server I have to LITERALLY fight for a reason to stay on there. While yes it's a great server it needs more to do. Last server I played on had an Arena where you fight another to the death, Last man standing won the opponents gear and some consolation prize for their efforts, It sure felt good when you killed your oppenent and got paid for it. And it sure was fun! This server's got a no kill rule. That's no fun ;-; It was kill or be killed unless in a town.
-Mob Arena.
As the title says. Your in an Arena. Against mobs. But you're not alone! You can battle Endless mobs getting paid per wave you complete against those dastardly creepers. Go it alone as a tank or fight with your friends as an Archer it adds a co-operative twist to fighting in Minecraft.
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mobarena/
-War Hub
This plugin has a more...tf2 ish feel where you have to fight your foes in Mortal kombat till one team loses all of it's lives, or the other team steals the flag enough till they win. They both receive payment and it's all around fun when something hilarious occurs.
http://war.tommytony.com/
{==============5===============]
-Map Resets
I can speak for most of the Minecraft population in saying. WE HATE MAP RESETS. While yes they can be benefitial if something took us a very long time to build (I.E 3 weeks) and then one day it goes away to be forgotten in the new map. Would you want to rebuild it? Me being a lazy bastard I would say, "Screw That!" because if 1 map reset occurs, another most likely will. But in Asyr's case one most likely won't occur again and I welcome the new map with open arms, Mainly because i've only been on the server for 2 days (10/21/12) so I don't have any HUGE builds (Except my Triple Cavespider spawner, but i don't call that big) so I will hate the new map at first then come to love it like fat children love cake, but still. There will be those people who leave the server just because the fact that their hard work is going to be gone in the near future, in which since Asyr's been announced there's really no turning back.
{==============6=============}
Staff
Well, I rarely see any form of staff online, so a more active staff to deal with meta-cunts and griefers would be a little nice. But as of the moment it isn't a problem...
{============7==============}
Marketing Officer/Leader
This is a rank given to a few people who just focus on advertising the Darkspin server, Either by raping 4chan/Reddit or even make shitty memes and putting them on Memebase. Tis is the position they'd fill. While I'd gladly take the spot as the Marketing leader it would mean I wouldn't be in the server as much and so then I'd have less time ingame then it'd lose a addicted player. The main job they'd have is well. Advertising the server as it said in the 1st sentence. But this isn't required because if enough players start voting for the server. Then the Marketing staff wouldn't be needed and would fizzle.
I may re-write this post in the near future because, well there's no edit button. So please write your concerns/criticisms in the comments below, and these are only ideas. They aren't set in stone. All tips may be put in the server or none, we don't know it's up to the owners, devs, and administrators on the ideas.
Thank you for Reading
-Snoweh Owl C:
1: Donations donations and more donations
Most servers will put a Donation say like....20$, well to some people that's alot. And quite frankly it is alot! So my idea is to have a V[color=#800000]IVI[/color][color=#483D8B]D[/color] amount of Donation packages. I thought of some examples that you guys could use.
(All are Monthly Recurring Payments unless said otherwise)
1: Basic Donator ,[[color=#FF0000]D[/color] [color=#8B4513]O[/color][color=#00BFFF]N[/color] [color=#E0FFFF]A[/color][color=#E6E6FA]T[/color][color=#FF0000]O[/color][color=#87CEEB]R[/color]]
Price: 5$
Perks: Sexy Colored Donator Tag
2: Upgraded Donator
Price: 10#
Perks: Custom Donator Tag & Access to /kit food
(Kit food is a command that gives food, Usable once per day)
Custom tag
3: Benefactor - [[color=#006400]Benefactor[/color]]
Price: 15$
Perks: Able to set more than 1 home, and gets a daily 1k (Maybe)+Custom Tag
4: Wizard [[color=#800000]Wizard[/color]]
Price: 20$
Perks: Access to Custom Admin shop where Prices are better, Sell prices Higher. & able to purchase certain enchantments off the wall and apply to tools. (Access to /kit gold - Gives gold armor.)
5: Saint [[color=#87CEFA]Saint[/color]]
Price: 50$
Perks: Access to Creative mode (With item restrictions, Like no Lava, TnT, weapons, Potions, Diamonds et cetera) Separate Creative & Survival Inventories. Access to 5k per day (BIG MAYBE)
6: Angelic [[color=#FFFFFF]Angelic[/color]]
Price: 75$ (No Recurring Payments)
Perks: Access to test new Plugins, Reserved Slot, Access to special Items. Creative mode with less restrictions than Saint. (And maybe FRIENDLY Spawn Eggs)
===---=====----=====---====---===--==--=-=-====-===--===--==--=
And now. Onto the Next way to improve the server. (2)
(Inb4 PaperisRacist talking about me always wanting towny)
Actually this server doesn't need towny. What we need is...Towns. No plugins just towns. The thing is that the server needs to advocate working together. The admin shop makes getting items too easy! Last server I saw it didn't take items. PERIOD. And the price of items were so high that nobody could use it! (ex: Oak wood for 100$ each) While to some people it won't be that much, to others its a fortune. Today (10/21/12) I got caught in the dilema of not having any redstone at all. So where'd I go? Admin store and bought me a few stacks for dirt cheap (Kinda). That saved me say 20 minutes of caving. Because i'm a lazy bastard and horrible caver.
The point i'm trying to make is the Admin store really makes it too easy...Sometimes I have to search for hours to find 3 sheep to kill to make a bed, while the admin store took me 1 second and I had 61 wool to spare. The store makes it too easy, some people play minecraft because of the Challenge. While I play it because of Redstone and Friends.
{=======================3================}
Okay so I heard of this minecraft server on a Tf2 server...Having that happen to everybody is pretty rare so what i'm going to say is...ADVERTISE THIS PLACE. There's many ways you can advertise. The most prominent has GOT TO BE the Minecraft server Voting Service. i.e Minebook.me http://minecraft-server-list.com/ http://minecraftservers.org/ & http://mcserverlist.net/
An old server I played on had a plugin called Votifier, It displays a message to everyone in the server and they also recieve payment, Weather it be 500$ in Iconomy or 1 diamond ingame. I voted EVERY DAY just to get those payments. Plus it showed my support for the server by Broadcasting my name and how many times I voted in total. I stopped at 1337 votes, And thats a fuckton of votes. Here's a link to the plugin if you want to have a looksie http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/votifier/
{===========================4=======================}
-Pvp Arena
When i'm in the Darkspin server I have to LITERALLY fight for a reason to stay on there. While yes it's a great server it needs more to do. Last server I played on had an Arena where you fight another to the death, Last man standing won the opponents gear and some consolation prize for their efforts, It sure felt good when you killed your oppenent and got paid for it. And it sure was fun! This server's got a no kill rule. That's no fun ;-; It was kill or be killed unless in a town.
-Mob Arena.
As the title says. Your in an Arena. Against mobs. But you're not alone! You can battle Endless mobs getting paid per wave you complete against those dastardly creepers. Go it alone as a tank or fight with your friends as an Archer it adds a co-operative twist to fighting in Minecraft.
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mobarena/
-War Hub
This plugin has a more...tf2 ish feel where you have to fight your foes in Mortal kombat till one team loses all of it's lives, or the other team steals the flag enough till they win. They both receive payment and it's all around fun when something hilarious occurs.
http://war.tommytony.com/
{==============5===============]
-Map Resets
I can speak for most of the Minecraft population in saying. WE HATE MAP RESETS. While yes they can be benefitial if something took us a very long time to build (I.E 3 weeks) and then one day it goes away to be forgotten in the new map. Would you want to rebuild it? Me being a lazy bastard I would say, "Screw That!" because if 1 map reset occurs, another most likely will. But in Asyr's case one most likely won't occur again and I welcome the new map with open arms, Mainly because i've only been on the server for 2 days (10/21/12) so I don't have any HUGE builds (Except my Triple Cavespider spawner, but i don't call that big) so I will hate the new map at first then come to love it like fat children love cake, but still. There will be those people who leave the server just because the fact that their hard work is going to be gone in the near future, in which since Asyr's been announced there's really no turning back.
{==============6=============}
Staff
Well, I rarely see any form of staff online, so a more active staff to deal with meta-cunts and griefers would be a little nice. But as of the moment it isn't a problem...
{============7==============}
Marketing Officer/Leader
This is a rank given to a few people who just focus on advertising the Darkspin server, Either by raping 4chan/Reddit or even make shitty memes and putting them on Memebase. Tis is the position they'd fill. While I'd gladly take the spot as the Marketing leader it would mean I wouldn't be in the server as much and so then I'd have less time ingame then it'd lose a addicted player. The main job they'd have is well. Advertising the server as it said in the 1st sentence. But this isn't required because if enough players start voting for the server. Then the Marketing staff wouldn't be needed and would fizzle.
I may re-write this post in the near future because, well there's no edit button. So please write your concerns/criticisms in the comments below, and these are only ideas. They aren't set in stone. All tips may be put in the server or none, we don't know it's up to the owners, devs, and administrators on the ideas.
Thank you for Reading
-Snoweh Owl C:
[Image: ]
