Plugin reccomendation: Towny
Post: #1
Well hello there, You don't know me and I don't know you so as of the moment we're acquaintances, But all that aside I've got a bit of a suggestion for the server to have. While yes it may require a bit of effort to pull off I believe it will be for the better! Still with me? Well wake up buddy because here it comes.

Towny. (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/towny-advanced/)


What's towny you ask?

Well it's a plugin that lets you create town. Quite simple once you get the gist of it.

What's the gist of it?

Well you can create a town and invite people, Seem simple enough? Well that's actually how it is. BUT! It also protects you from griefing, in a properly configured town, towny will apprehend any griefers trying to desecrate the building you worked HARD on. Not convinced? Well if you want to be an "Authority Figure" then you can make your own town, While it can be costly it can be beneficial to you, Because you can have people do the work for you, for a safe haven. Sounds cool amirite? Well there's more to it. Ever wanted to make a nation where you're the president and you rule everything with and iron fist? There's a possibility in it with Nations! Towns can band together to form a nation, PvP between the nations will be disabled, so no Shenanigans in killing your friends.

What else is there? Well...Uhmm...There's different chats...For instance, you want to say something to a friend. But not everyone in the server. Typing /l Hey! Where are ya! Will send a message to everyone in a 100 block radius. Using /tc Whatcha doing there? will send a message to everyone in your town. Using /nc Hey anyone got some iron? will send a message to everyone in the nation. And OF COURSE there's still global chat using /g Hello there everyone! (By default you're in global).

Now I know you're most likely going to say, "We don't need anymore plugins" but seriously. This makes it much easier for both of us by taking the hassle out of Griefing. An old server rule was "Towns = Grief proof, But wilderness is fair game". Thank you very much for reading this compelling statement by voting this post Up and giving some reason for a dev to add the plugin to the server.[hr]
Sadly I can't edit my post *sadface* and the Closing Parenthesis on the link messed with it here's the working one.
=========http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/towny-advanced/===========
  Reply
Post: #2
We have had Towny in the past, and at some point, we will re-incorporate it. It is a great plugin, but at the moment, we don't have much use for it. Of course, it can be used for towns, but at the moment, we're happy as we are. Now, I don't speak for every admin, I just speak for what I think is going down at the moment.
But yeah, thanks for the post, and we are considering Towny at some point.
  Reply
Post: #3
>we are considering Tony at some point
>considering Tony at some point.
>Tony
>le meme arrows.
  Reply
Post: #4
Hah, I wish I knew of the Darkspin server before. I'm a noob to the server. Heard of it on October 19th from the Darkspin tf2 server :l But I love making towns, and i'm kind of the tutorial guy for Towny since i've used it so much, but still since it's under consideration so I can only hope.
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)