Post: #11
07-19-201208:39 PM
[Image: ] I can't be the only one here who thinks Shirts won't really do so well? Mango idea would work better with a real mango.
|
The Darkspin Server's Merchandise Fundraiser
|
|
Post: #11
07-19-201208:39 PM
[Image: ] I can't be the only one here who thinks Shirts won't really do so well? Mango idea would work better with a real mango.
Post: #12
07-20-201201:13 AM
I think that the mango shirt would work better with a drawing of a mango or a picture of an actual one. I'll work on the mango drawing now, and the "Lapis Lazuli. It's good for the teeth" hungry boy drawing later.
For the "E'rryday I'm A-F-K" shirt, I could just do a drawing of a broken keyboard or D4rkspin's skin. ^.^ On another note, what the hell is up with the Darkspin wikia? It says almost nothing about any of the servers (Mario Kart, GH0ST, Mangoes, etc.), and is kind of useless, especially with our lazy community. “What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i] Post: #13
07-20-201202:28 AM
I think this will fail...
I mean, who is gonna buy a shirt from some small little server no ones heard about. Sure with mass adverts and buying planet minecraft ads you might be able to get a decent amount of new players. The new players we do get fucking come in saying: "hey wilu join my server? ill giv you op and stuf :p" I think it's pointless and I do hate being the pessimistic bitch but... more money would be spent for the advertising. This is a little server, that could best be loved by 20 or so people. Darkspin won't grow to the size of Mithrintia academy, and gain hundreds of dollars thanks to adverts and other things. I've been here for 6 or 7 maybe 8 months. I've seen this place go from 30+ people on every day to lower than 10+. I do think this will go very far... but maybe by the grace of god, Asyr will save the server.
lol that is ectually really good![hr]
and i thought about just putting the darkspin forum logo on a shirt and on the back have STAFF and under it put Admins+ from all the servers and put what server they are from (ex. BlackMajor (Minecraft)). Then at the very bottem put the forum web address. And also this idea wouldnt just get darkspin money, it would be an awesome shirt to show your dedication and passion for darkspin, and it would also advertise for the server. [Image: ] Post: #15
07-21-201208:12 PM
This wouldn't work at all because the ranks seem fly up and down on who's there.. I can't imagine walking down a road to see someone have a shirt with a link to a small forum and think "Damn I gotta go there.". No one will understand any of these 'inside jokes' either. At the least just a YouTube Video. You'd be losing profits rather than gaining from them.
[Image: ]
well first i dont think i have ever seen anybody get admin i just only saw people who already have admin+. And well if people like the shirt they might just go to the forums. Plus how would i lose profits? I dont make the shirts first then sell them. We first put an ad on the servers. Then we make a thread were people make orders for shirts and put the size(s) they need. So we know how many shirts we need and dont make too much. Then we send them out. And if we needed to we make more shirts later on with updated staff. So we could put STAFF 2012. We sell the shirts for like 15 or 20 usd. PROFIT! Then donate the money to darkspin. And these maby the purpose of the shirts isnt to advertise, but like i said to show your passion and dedication for the server. And it could just pick up more people.[hr]
And my idea wouldnt be an inside joke it would be plain and easy just the darkspin forum logo. [Image: ] Post: #17
07-22-201201:27 PM
Generalcreeper is construction an animated/comic series about minecraft shenanigans, and that will involve a lot of Darkspin, it is going on youtube, so I don't know HOW popular that will be.
Post: #18
07-26-201211:28 AM
Hey guys i put my own tee shirt thread out for you guys to check out. It explains a lot about this and what will go on.
[Image: ] |