Well, that's why we do it on the day that Asyr is released. We have a warp to Obsidia (posted on signs at the Asyr spawn).
“What passes for hip cynical transcendence of sentiment is really some kind of fear of being really human, since to be really human [...] is probably to be unavoidably sentimental and naïve and goo-prone and generally pathetic.” --David Foster Wallace, [i]Infinite Jest[/i]
[color=#1E90FF][size=large]Oh yeah i forgot to mention. On the day Asyr is out we're gonna be moving important landmarks from the old world into the new. Such as fantastic constructions and towns of importance.
So i'd prefer not to have things being blown up while we're doing that.[/size][/color]
AFTER THAT, we blow stuff up? :3
I don't know.. maybe I'll make another world as a copy of the old world, set it as creative and whatnot.. if you people are really that desperate.
Lol Viper, you gotta admit it would be fun.
Tho I agree with Black on the encouraging griefing part, if we're gonna go through with this, we need to make it crystal that this is a one-time thing.
I disagree.
I want to download the Mainworld before its gone.
I don't think it's a great idea... Honestly.
Has the potential to get people worried if they don't know about it, also as Major said, will probably make people think griefing is a thing to joke about. We'll probably also crash the server or cause heavy lag.
If this does get passed, I'm not interested.
~Ren:heart:
It was simply something I thought would be fun to see happen. I never expected it to get approved.
I find it moderately amusing that people automatically think "breaking things" = "griefing". In order for something to qualify as griefing it has to be something that is done without the consent of the owner for the purpose of causing grief. Hence the name, griefing.
Having an official day where people can blow stuff the hell up isn't a "griefing day", it's a "blow shit up" day. Might even alleviate the tensions of those who otherwise might grief because they aren't ever allowed to legitimately blow anything up.
Consider it a celebratory fireworks show.
OTOH The concerns about server load may well be warranted. But they can easily be alleviated by making sure that everybody gets a limited amount of dynamite.
-- IGN: CyberWitch