Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server activity
01-14-2016, 04:27 AM
Server activity
Man the server is really losing activtity, couldn't have anything to do with the bank now could it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2016, 06:49 AM
RE: Server activity
I'm not sure anyone's actively thinking they don't want to come on until the bank is done. It just seems like most of the guys from Austin's server didn't decide to stick around. That put us at that critical point where there's not enough players for even our few regulars to want to come on.

[Image: BinoAl.png]
Find all posts by this user
01-14-2016, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 07:39 AM by IzzyKart.)
(01-14-2016 06:49 AM)BinoAl Wrote:  I'm not sure anyone's actively thinking they don't want to come on until the bank is done. It just seems like most of the guys from Austin's server didn't decide to stick around. That put us at that critical point where there's not enough players for even our few regulars to want to come on.

Yeah, though a few of us still come on regularly (such as me, hadon, elaine, mike, mac, and a few others)
Though I haven't see a new player join DS in quite some time

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.
01-14-2016, 11:32 AM
There's a bank coming?

[Image: eJwdi0EOgjAQRfdzirmAJEWCxiUksurGeIEJfAMJ...klsw~~.png]

[Image: NfF8EHh.png]
01-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Well I mean the bank idea was kind abandoned and it just kinda turned into a shop of mine. But no it has nothing to do with that.

I talked alot with Izzy about this the other day and I feel that the people who did come on only come on for the community now. Not the game. For many of us the game is stale and the only reason we stick around is because the community is lovely. After that initial catch-up was done. Most people seem to have either gone back to servers they've found more fun or they've left because they don't like minecraft.

It's not the content, it's the game and frankly there's not much we can do about that. Having the server posted on websites and voting for those sites is just about the only thing we can do to get a playerbase up but even as it is there are so many servers with established playerbases already that it's hard to get anyone.

You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back, and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around; but nothing will ever change; that cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle, it's who you are.
The thing standing in the way of your dreams
Is that the person having them is you.
01-14-2016, 02:10 PM
*cough* make the server modded *cough*

[Image: eJwdi0EOgjAQRfdzirmAJEWCxiUksurGeIEJfAMJ...klsw~~.png]

[Image: NfF8EHh.png]
01-14-2016, 04:35 PM
(01-14-2016 02:10 PM)Bluevertro Wrote:  *cough* make the server modded *cough*
That would most likely take a hell of a lot of work.

You look like you're going to spend your life having one epiphany after another, always thinking you've finally figured out what's holding you back, and how you can finally be productive and creative and turn your life around; but nothing will ever change; that cycle of mediocrity isn't due to some obstacle, it's who you are.
The thing standing in the way of your dreams
Is that the person having them is you.
01-14-2016, 05:48 PM
Hosting a modded server is actually really easy if you stick to a modpack, but they don't have near the moderation options of Vanilla. The only real way to do it is make it whitelisted, and that would exacerbate the playerbase issues.

[Image: BinoAl.png]
01-16-2016, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2016 10:15 AM by EvoZahn.)
110% Agree with your comments on the established playerbases/massive servers. Unfortunately, this community seems to have just had one tragedy after another. I'm still around, always will be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2016, 04:33 AM
(01-16-2016 10:15 AM)EvoZahn Wrote:  110% Agree with your comments on the established playerbases/massive servers. Unfortunately, this community seems to have just had one tragedy after another. I'm still around, always will be.

As will I, not leaving yet after almost 3.5 years of being in this community...

But Nobody Came.

Rip DS.