Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ranks
10-03-2013, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 07:58 AM by darkspin.)
Ranks
Link to permissions:
https://tshock.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/...Id=3047433

Ranks and what they currently have access to:

>>regular<<
tshock.warp,tshock.account.changepassword,tshock.canchat

>>veteran<<
tshock.admin.kick,tshock.world.editspawn,tshock.reservedslot,tshock.tp.self

>>moderator<<
tshock.admin.ban,tshock.cfg.whitelist,tshock.world.causeevents,tshock.npc.spawnb​oss,tshock.npc.spawnmob,tshock.admin.warp,tshock.world.settime,tshock.tp.self,ts​hock.slap,tshock.kill,tshock.admin.viewlogs,tshock.admin.nokick,tshock.tp.others​

>>overseer<<
tshock.cfg.maintenance,tshock.cfg.*,tshock.world.*,tshock.npc.butcher,tshock.ite​m.spawn,tshock.heal,tshock.admin.noban,tshock.item.usebanned

And misc ranks (everything regular has and)...:
*creative*
tshock.world.editspawn,tshock.item.spawn

>>VIP<<
tshock.reservedslot,tshock.tp.self
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 07:31 PM by DarkRyu.)
RE: Ranks
I have a question about the ranks. I've been asked what the difference is between Overseer and Mod and after reading it, I still don't know what to tell them.

I think only Overseers and up should be allowed to spawn bosses. We've had mods spam bosses before and I'd like to avoid that, if at all possible.
If Mods are able to spawn mobs, I think they should be allowed access to the butcher command. Considering how easily monsters can spawn outside of your range of view, this can lead to many unintentional griefs on other players. This would give them the ability to spawn mobs and take accountability for this action as well.

[Image: DarkRyu.png]
Perception is key to all things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2013, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I agree with Ryu. Even a typo, like /skeletronp 20 OOPS EXTRA 0 HURR, that mod has effectively screwed everyone. As annoying as spawning 10 bosses then immediately /butchering can be *coughRYANYOUWHORE*cough*, it's far better than the alternative ;D

[Image: BinoAl.png]
10-04-2013, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 01:13 PM by darkspin.)
Okie dokie -- it has been removed. I posted this thread in hopes we could iron out things exactly like this. Keep it coming...
10-05-2013, 01:39 PM
It's been brought to my attention that there is an error with teleport. There's a new item that allows you to teleport a distance and because only certain ranks are allowed, it will teleport them back to their original location right after moving.

Also, it would be nice to allow everyone to teleport because, let's face it, everyone else does it. People join and are dismayed that they're not allowed to teleport to people from across the map and I sort of sympathize. I mean, I, for one, travel to my destination and never had a problem with it.. but.. there are some people that this really bothers them. Allowing everyone to teleport would be killing two birds with one stone, essentially.

[Image: DarkRyu.png]
Perception is key to all things.
10-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I agree with Ryu yet again ;3 Though, for obvious reasons, /tphere shouldn't be allowed for everyone

10-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Hmm, The thing is used to let people teleport, But sometimes it can get past through private areas only allowing Mod/Admin grounds, Soo, My idea would be they can still use it, But not at certain places, you have a good thing right there, but sometimes it can be used against us by griefers, which is pretty bad. Sure people complain about that they can't teleport, but maybe it's so people can't go into admin places and grief/steal from them, That's my guess! Good point, But I might have said the thing about griefers.
10-05-2013, 02:52 PM
We could just allow Veterans access, then.
Also, what I mentioned this to DS, but some weapons/armor (The biggest of which being Shroomite) are a bit buggy with our Anticheat at the moment; What do you guys think of giving the anticheat bypass to Veteran+?

10-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I agree with Bino, saying that we should only give perms to Veterans+ when it comes to Teleporting.

[Image: 527217_1.png]
10-05-2013, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 08:08 AM by darkspin.)
tshock.tp.self has been added to vets. I also gave it to VIP...